Thursday, May 27, 2010

"It's My Birthday & I'll Cry If I Want To!!" - Oak Harbor, Washington Childrens Photographer

     As a new photographer I am always up to trying new things.  When Shannon approached me about doing a cake smashing shoot for her son Kolten‘s 1st birthday, I immediately thought of my friend Nicki who had done a beautiful cake smashing shoot.  It was definitely an experience and BOY was I nervous.  I had SO much fun though, I have to say.  I don't think I have ever laughed out loud while editing any of my other shoots, but I just couldn't help it.  Talk about capturing the moment!  Poor baby Kolten.  We all got to smash cake in his face since he didn't seem to want anything to do with it.

     I will admit I made a huge mistake.  I knew better than to do a shoot with full sun, but with the way Washington's days have been going, the sun has been up high longer and longer.  Shannon & Michael, I hope you still love your pictures and we all wish you the best wherever the Navy takes you next!  Happy Birthday Kolten, Tyler misses his buddy!

Nicki Smith - http://www.nickismithphotography.com/

Photobucket




Photobucket

Photobucket


2 comments:

Kelly Mendoza said...

What a cute family! Love that last one.

Shannon Epps said...

You did such a great job, Valerie! I can't wait to show Michael and see the rest of them!

Post a Comment