Thursday, January 20, 2011

Trying new things...

     My husband and I are usually very personal with the pictures that we share on Facebook and other places.   I was a little hesitant to use a few of the pictures I used for this slideshow, but I told myself only Derek would see.  Well, I lied!  I just love it too much!  I made this with the intention of just learning how to use iMovie on my MAC.  My hope was to be able to create something like this for clients birth stories, weddings, etc.  Well, in the process of learning, this little story of our lives was created.  The song Marry Me by Train was really the inspiration for why I chose to do pictures of my husband and I.  The song, I can hear repeatedly and will still cry!  It's amazing how songs have a different meaning when you are in love...  
     Normally slideshows start from the beginning of one's life and bring you to the present, but I did the opposite.  I wanted to slowly take my husband back to our very first picture together and remind him of the five beautiful years we have shared and where we have come from.  With the Navy stealing him away for months at a time, a 2 yr old, and a new baby on the way, sometimes you lose touch and find yourself just living.  It's refreshing for me to travel back to those memories of our first times together.  It warms my heart and gets the butterflies going in anticipation of seeing him again when he comes home (THIS MONTH!!!!)  For those of you who know my husband, you know he's carefree and full of personality.  Well, I used all the personality pictures of Derek I could find and there's A LOT!  As a photographer I'm always wanting him to 'be serious' and smile 'FOR REAL'.  This slideshow threw all that out the window which makes this one even more special.  It's real!  It's us, FOR REAL!  I'm not in Washington right now so I don't have access to all my photos, but somehow I managed to get some from all the places we have lived so far, even Guam!
     I'm happy to report that after a long day of working on iMovie, I have figured it out and this was  my final product:  

"Marry Me"  By Train 


Slideshow by: Valerie Rocha

0 comments:

Post a Comment